External instructors are very welcome to use the climbing wall at the University of Derby.
There are several features that make it a great venue for groups.
- Contained Space for the whole group.
- 10m Abseil with easy access to the top.
- Routes for all abilities.
- Access to the wall outside of public opening hours.
- Viewing platform for non-climbers.
External instructors can use the wall during sports centre opening times from 6.30am – 10pm, Monday to Friday and 9am – 5pm on Sundays. We will not usually be able to admit external groups on Saturdays, however please feel free to ring ahead and check our availability.
We strongly recommend booking the wall in advance as booked groups will be given priority.
To use the wall you must register as an external instructor (this can be done on the day of your session).
We require copies of the following before your session;
- Relevant Mountain Training Qualification
- First Aid Certificate
- Public Liability Insurance
Phone: 01332 590500