With a significant investment in high class facilities, sport science expertise and performance level coaches we are attracting more and more talented performers.
In order to support these athletes and their development we introduced a Sports Scholarships scheme in 2015. We therefore aim to provide scholarship opportunities to assist talented individuals realise their sporting potential and support them through their academic studies.
There are 3 tiers and a talented athlete award and successful applicants will receive the following support and be required to compete at the levels outlined below:
||Talented Athlete Award
|Senior International Level athletes
||Senior National/Junior National athletes
||Junior National athletes
||Regional and high county standard in a BUCS Sport
|Up to £6000 tuition fees paid
||Up to £3000 tuition fees paid
||Up to £1500 tuition fees paid
In addition to the tuition fee support there are other benefits available. These depends on the tier awarded and each athlete’s scholarship will be designed to meet that individual's needs. This support may include:
- Strength and Conditioning 1:1 or group
- Use of Performance Gym
- Nuffield Sports Centre Gym Membership
- Nutrition 1:1 or group
- Psychology 1:1 or group
- Lifestyle advisor support
- Team Derby Performance kit
- Educational workshops
- BUCS entry fees
- Car parking permit
How to apply
- Download and complete a Team Derby Sports Scholarship Application Form and return it together with your signed reference by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application forms must be returned electronically.
- A signed and dated reference on headed paper is required in addition to a completed, accurate application form. We cannot process your application without a supporting reference.
- All applications will be considered by the Team Derby Awards Panel and any offers made will be at the panel’s discretion.
- Applications will be prioritised and ranked according to merit.
- The submission of an application, or prior inclusion in the programme, does not guarantee the offer of an award.
- You are advised to apply as soon as possible. Only in exceptional circumstances will late applications be considered by the panel.
- A sport scholarship is only valid for one academic year. Scholars must reapply on time if theywish to continue to receive support.
- We do accept enquiries/applications for sports scholarship applicants considering studyingat the University of Derby in future years.
DOWNLOAD 2017/18 APPLICATION FORM
Sports Scholarship Timeline 2017
- January Application Process Opens for September starters – Please apply as soon as possible, an email will be sent to confirm application has been received and the next steps
- May 31st – Shortlisted applicants from the first wave of applications will have been notified and invited to meet with the Team Derby Performance Sports Officer
- June - Meetings at the University of Derby with potential (shortlisted) scholars
- July - Scholarship conditional offers made for first phase applicants
- Scholarship process remains open for the second wave of scholarship applications
- A-level results day Thursday 17th August 2017
- July - September 2017 Clearing Opens
- August - Clearing Events at the University
- August - Meetings with potential scholars for the second wave of applications
- September - Scholarships confirmed and signed by senior management
- Friday 22nd September - The scholarship application closes for 2017/18
For further information please contact email@example.com or telephone 01332 594223.
For academic course information visit www.derby.ac.uk