Scholarships and bursaries
We have a track record of improving the performance of our University Sports Clubs and we have created an infrastructure to provide a hub for talented athletes. With a significant investment in high class facilities, sport science expertise and performance level coaches we are attracting more and more talented performers.
In order to support these athletes and their development we introduced a Sports Scholarships scheme in 2015 as we understand that it can be difficult to combine academic studies and sporting ambitions. We therefore aim to provide scholarship opportunities to assist talented individuals realise their sporting potential and support them through their academic studies. For further information please contact email@example.com.
Applications are now open.
The sports scholarships cater for athletes at a high county level and upto senior international level. The scholarships have 3 tiers and a Talented Athlete Award and successful applicants will recieve the following support:
|Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3||Talented Athlete Award|
|Up to £6000 tuition fees paid||Up to £3000 tuition fees paid||Up to £1500 tuition fees paid||Support services|
- Strength and Conditioning and Physiotherapy support
- Sports Centre gym membership, fitness suite membership and use of the performance suite
- Discounted University accommodation
- Lifestyle support services and sports science services
- Sports scholarship kit
- Dedicated athlete liaison officer
- Nutrition 1:1 or groups
- Education workshops
- BUCS entry fees
How to apply
- Download and complete a Team Derby Sports Scholarship Application Form and return it together with your sporting reference by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot process your application without a supporting reference preferably on headed paper
- You are advised to apply as soon as possible and only in exceptional circumstances will late applications be considered by the panel
- All applications will be considered by the Team Derby Awards Panel and any offers made will be at the panel’s discretion
- Applications will be prioritised and ranked according to merit
- The submission of an application, or prior inclusion in the programme, does not guarantee the offer of an award
- A sport scholarship is only valid for one academic year. Scholars must reapply on time if they wish to continue to receive support
- We do accept enquiries for applicants considering studying at the University of Derby in future years.
Sports Scholarship Timeline 2017
- 31st January 2018 - Application process opens for September starters. Please apply as soon as possible, an email will be sent to confirm the application has been received
- 31st July 2018 - UG and PG deadline for all scholarship applications
- 1st August to 31st August 2018 - Clearing scholarship applications
For further information please contact email@example.com or telephone 01332 592124.
For academic course information visit www.derby.ac.uk